Wednesday, October 13, 2010

John 8:36-59 Jesus: "The Devil's A Liar"

36If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
 37I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
 38I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
 39They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
 40But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
 41Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
 42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
 43Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
 44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
 45And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
 46Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
 47He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
 48Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?
 49Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.
 50And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.
 51Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
 52Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.
 53Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?
 54Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
 55Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
 56Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
 57Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?5
 58Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
 59Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.