Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Story

Comments: 5


Loading...
Eric Abrahamson
January 13, 2010

While my dad was dying I got financial aid from Cal State East Bay in Hayward to be a senior computer science major going for a B.S.C.S. They want me to go for a Masters and I'm considering law schools; my sister graduated from Boalt Hall at UCB here. When I was at Yale I liked to hang out at the Sterling Yale School of Law with the law students, but you have to get good grades to be accepted to those. I'm also an IT Assistant ata the SEVA Foundation.

Eric Abrahamson
January 13, 2010

"It's not so bad," said primary care physician Dr. Edward Riceberg from Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Beverly Hills. "Worse things could happen," said psychiatrist Dr. Lisa Fine from Edelman Center, Los Angeles County Mental Health Department. She also said, "Risperdal has been linked to diabetes." She had unknowingly prescribed me Risperdal when I saw her for five years at my family's request. It was first prescribed for me by psychiatrist Dr. Antonio Perelli-Minetti in Bakersfield, when it first came out. My mother insisted I see him every two weeks while I was a computer science major at Cal State Bakersfield because I have an old psych misdiagnosis of "paranoid schizophrenia" from 1971 to get me out of the draft. I need to go to a clinical psychologist and get retested and rediagnosed, according to clinical psychologist friend Mike Bernath. UCSF-Mt. Zion Professor of Psychiatry
Dr. Richard Shadoan, who I have seen since 1985 agrees and said, "Maybe you have depression," and I said, "I've never been depressed a day in my life, " and he said, "Anxiety," and I said, "No." I said, "I want to be diagnosed sane, OK, healthy, well, and with a clean bill of health." I don't really know; I'm guessing it's hard to send that category to the health insurance companies; apparently you need a clinical psychologist.

Dr. Perelli-Minetti is a wonderful, nice man, and had no idea of the side effects of atypical anti-psychotics like Zyprexa, Risperdal, and Seroquel. My ex, actress Laurie Senit, has diabetes we think from Seroquel for schizophrenia. She has a B.A. in psychology from UCLA; she just had a nervous breakdown while she was getting straight A's in her first year of M.F.T psychology grad school at Pepperdine University because someone broke into her apartment near UCLA and stole her TV and she had a nervous breakdown, quit school, and she's never really recovered, according to her mother. We both got really fat on that #####, as well as our girl blimp K-12 schoolteacher friend, Debbie Behar, with manic depression.

Dr. Fine is also a wonderful, beautiful, caring person (as I think are almost all doctors and medics) and neither she nor any of their psychiatric community had any idea that atypical anti-psychotics would have any side effects and be linked to diabetes. I know the Zyprexa diabetes patients won a multi-million dollar class action suit against Eli Lilly (I don't know about the Risperdal diabetes patient class action lawsuit against Johnson and Johnson). Everybody tries to do the best they can at their job; it isn't anybody's fault. They didn't know; nobody knew. Dr. Fine took me off all my psych meds and said, "When you go to Cal State, don't come back," and, when we met with my sister, Joan: "If you get the money you can do anything you want."



Eric Abrahamson
January 12, 2010

I went to endocrinologist Dr. Hohnichter on Rexford St. in Beverly Hills with my Anthem Blue Cross PPO. I have a mild case, just treated with diet, no insulin, it may resolve and go away, if I keep my blood glucose under 110 and eat healthy I'll live a normal life.

barbara hubbard
December 10, 2009

I'm new here so how can I Edit my profile?How can I read the complete board?

vickirick